4.25.2011

Urban Roots

What is the nature?
Masanobu Fukuoka said nobody knew what the nature was.

But I've been seeing the connections between the nature and people.
It can be Horticultural Therapy, Permaculture, Herbalism, Gardening, Farming....., and can be everything!
People call them in different ways, but we know they are so powerful, helpful, and beautiful.
I thought I was learning new connactions to nature, but I realized they were alreay parts of my life.
I'd like to see what we have now and thank for them.

I seriously don't know what the real nature is, but I know that the nature is something makes me feel good.
I want to bring this great feeling to my family, my friends ,and others.


This picture is our garden we had in 2009. It wasn't perfect, but we hervested so many vegetables from this yard which used to be nothing. I live in the city, but many people already know how to grow their own foods. I learned so many things from my friends and teachers. I think this is the time to share what I know with many people. Please ask me if you are interested in growing your own foods. I still don't know many things, but I want to think about your gardens together.  I also love to learn your skills in your gardens!



Let's grow our Urban Roots and Share our Hervests in this summer!
This is the movie I really want to watch and share with you.
''Urban Roots'' will play on May 7 and 8 in Berkeley.
http://www.rialtocinemas.com/index.php?location=elmwood&film=2011_urban

I hope I can see many of you over there!

1 件のコメント:

  1. Very sweet words and close to heart. I'm glad that we met in Kansai Permaculture event the other day.I'm also exploring about what nature really is, from Japanese cultural point of view. But I'm starting to feel that nature is everything, and universal, same as you! Hoping to share our thoughts further.

    Ariunaa

    返信削除