3.26.2011

Permaculture Gathering ~Message from Japan~

I've been writing my blog in only Japanese recently.
I feel so sorry for not sharing mamy information with all of my friends.
However, I just finished translating one great message from Japanese to English and I'd love to share with everybody!
This message 'The Heartbeat of Mother Earth' is written by Kiyokazu Shidara who is a permaculture designer and also a president of the Permaculture Center of Japan.
I read his message on the website of the Permaculture Center of Japan a few days after the huge earthquake happened in Japan.
I was so sad, dipressed, and got so frustrated not being able to help anything for Japan. But his message impressed me and told me what I could do for. I realized that I can help translating this message so that we can share it with all of my friends in the world. I know that Japan needs a lot of hopes and believe that all we can hope together.
Also, one of my friend said, ''I think now, more than ever, Japan needs permaculture.'' I totally agree with him! That's why I'm telling my information I learned in the permaculture class to many of my friends and having a Permaculture Gathering in Japanese community in SF. I hopefully integrate this Japanese community into great permaculture community in SF, East bay, and all of the world.

Finally, I'd like to thank Kiyokazu Shidara for sharing his great message and also Shawn Mercy for helping my translation.


The Heartbeat of Mother Earth
Originally Written in Japanese by Kiyokazu Shidara
Translated from Japanese to English by Wakana Kawamura

The Northeast Japan earthquake reminds us that we can’t save lives that have already been lost. This earthquake and tsunami destroyed many peoples’ lives, infrastructure, our economy, and local culture which may never come back to us.
 I think our approach from now on should be thinking about how to create a new society including infrastructure and economy. Create a new way of life instead of regaining the way of life we lost.


In the past, we have had so many debates about our environmental, societal, and economical problems. I see this event as an opportunity to think deeply about the core of problems caused by this earthquake and the nuclear power plant. Without this discussion, we can’t find any hope for our future.


However, I do know that we can’t create our new society with only individuals or government. I want all people to think, share their thoughts and create our society together. I believe that all we can create our new society together and feel comfortable, peaceful, and live proudly with our achievements.


I encourage everybody to think and share their paradigm and to create their society. Of course, I know that we can’t create a perfect society right away. Of course, we should always come together and discuss again if we observe mistakes or problems. I think our discussion should repeat again and again, like our heartbeat, and will leads to a better society in the future.


We still don’t clearly understand all of terrible impact caused by this earthquake. We lost so many people, their homes, and memories. We know our minds and bodies are filled by sadness, surprises, and fears. However, I think that we need to pour the energy of hope into our minds and bodies and walk toward to our future together instead of dwelling on the present situation.


Let’s come together and start a conversation. I believe that many people’s power will make everything possible. This is the time to show the possibilities of the human being, being human let’s believe in our strengths.



Let's come together and start a conversation!








0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿